Sunday, December 27, 2009

One Imperfect Christmas by Myra Johnson

One Imperfect Christmas One Imperfect Christmas by Myra Johnson


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Myra Johnson's debut book is nothing but fantastic!! One Imperfect Christmas is a love story of sorts about individuals and family. Natalie is one hard-driven work horse trying to make her way into the graphic design world. Daniel is an ambitious basketball coach with a strong desire for the top teams. Lissa is a young, beautiful teenage girl facing all the pulls of teenage life. Natalie's parents, Bram and Belinda, are the picture of a perfect marriage. After a traumatizing event, will anything ever be the same? Can love survive anything? Will Christmas ever be the same again?

One small warning...have a box of kleenex handy when reading this book! I just loved this story...and it's what I needed to hear right now. There are many different situations weaved in this book but they all tie in and are central to the power this story carries. My only disagreement with this book is that I do not believe (and the Bible does not support) that Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of Christ. We are actually not commanded to celebrate his birth, but rather his death. Beside that point, this is one book that could bring many to a different understanding of how important family is...at anytime of the year. No one is perfect and forgiveness is so essential. Many times its the hardest step of healing a relationship.

I would highly recommend this book! It was a great read during the holidays! This is the first book I read during the holiday season involving a holiday theme.

View all my reviews >>

Bookmark and Share







2 comments:

  1. Julie, thank you for your kind review of my novel. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved One Imperfect Christmas. A wise, beautiful story full of really powerful truths. No easy answers and just a wonderful look at the power of love and faith.

    ReplyDelete