Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Birthday Wish

Today is my 33rd birthday and I want, more than a lot of things, for my children to have their grandparents and parents around for many, many years. If you feel so inclined, please donate $33 to my Relay for Life team. The button is in the top right hand corner of my sidebar. Together, we can all make a difference in the lives of others. My children currently have one grandparent, their PaPa, who has Leukemia. So far, my parents are cancer free. It does run in both sides of the family though.

Each month, I do a review of books I've read for the month (my December review will be posted soon!). I then donate $5 per book that I have read to my Relay team. We are trying to raise $2000 as a team but won't stop there if we can help it!!

I have a strong passion for cancer research. I've had far too many family members and close friends who have lost their battle to this horrible disease. I post this in memory of my grandmother, Wilma Robinson; my dear friend Jean; a co-worker, Crystal and all the others who are no longer here. I hope that through research that my friend and co-worker Mike, my boss Tony, my supervisor Larry and his wife Joyce, my father-in-law John, and others may live long, full lives!

Thank you for your support!

Bookmark and Share







1 comment:

  1. I am really glad to hear your dad is in remission. I have an aunt who had Leukemia. If was found when she gave birth to her daughter over 20 years ago. She went through the treatments and bone marrow transplant. I am glad to say she has been in remission for years now. I hope all keeps going well for your family. Happy birthday wishes to you as well!

    ReplyDelete