Thursday, June 11, 2009

Book Review: Maximum Ride-Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride, Book 3) Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is the third book in the Maximum Ride Series by James Patterson and I think this is my favorite so far. Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports continues the story of Max, Fang, Iggy, Gazzy, Angel, and Nudge along with Total and Ari, Jeb, and the School. This book had a lot more action in it and the flock found themselves dealing more with the Erasers and the "Flyboys". Many revelations were made in this book, most of which I had already predicted either in previous books or halfway through this one. I won't ruin it for you though, you'll have to figure it out for yourself or read the books.



I do have to mention that I found myself in an outburst of laughter about halfway through this book. There was a scene that was very "Wizard of Oz"-ish. As I was reading, I couldn't help but picture the storming of the Wicked Witch of the West's castle, complete with flying monkeys. I'm not sure if the author intended that, but I would have to say probably so since there is a dog name "Total" in this story as well.



Overall, I highly recommend these books to young adult (and even more mature adults too!). They are fairly fast reads as the chapters are very short. Also, there isn't a lot of foul language like most books these days have. You will run into an occasional unfavorable word here and there but not near like most books. Kudos to James Patterson for writing something decent for the younger set!!


View all my reviews.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment