Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sand to Stone and Back Again by Nancy Bo Flood


Today I have some pictures of sandstone to share with you. I would also invite you to visit Tony Kuyper's website to see his work. I am not going to post it here because I do not have permission to do so. I will say that the first two pictures are some of the most beautiful I've ever seen! Our Creator has really made some beautiful sites to see...and beautiful just isn't the word to describe it!
This was a beautifully done book overall. My only "beef" with the book is that it talks about how it has taken millions of years for this sandstone to form. The Earth is only about six thousand years old so this just simply isn't true. I know there are many schools of thought out there on this issue and I'm simply stating the truth.

Besides the amazing photography, I enjoyed the story of how, just as the sands change, so does the person reading the book. There are stages to sands shifting just as each person goes through life stages. The glossary at the back of the book was also very helpful! I wasn't quite sure what a "hoodoo" or a "goblin" was until I was able to reference this glossary.

My favorite picture in this book, hands down, is the "Candy Cane Column". It's just beautiful! I hope to see something like it one day in person. I'm sure the pictures just can't quite do it justice, although they are a good alternative for those who won't be able to see it.

Tomorrow, I will share more information about Nancy Bo Flood, our book's author! Be sure to come back! Did you miss yesterday's post? You can find it right here!


Be sure to visit these other bloggers touring this book as well! We always appreciate your comments and support!



SMS Book Reviews, Never Jam Today, SmallWorld Reads, Our Big Earth Media Co., Whispers of Dawn, Cafe of Dreams, The Hungry Readers, My Own Little Corner of the World, Dolce Bellezza, KidzBookBuzz.com




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment