I love the weekends!! This one is going to be great! It started off at 5:30 am when I got a call from the Superintendent saying that school was canceled due to the snow! Those of you living in the North would die laughing if you saw our snow. It's ridiculous...there is more snow in my freezer than on the ground in my 8 acres of land! LOL I'm glad they are concerned about the ice on the road though...it's worse after the sun goes down.
Anyway, the other great part of this weekend is Bloggiesta!! Natasha, over at MawBooks is our gracious hostess and she has all sorts of great things planned. I won't be able to participate as fully as I'd like but since I'm not working today, the party for me will begin a few hours earlier! Some of my goals for the weekend are:
Finish reading Green by Ted DekkerFinished at 2:30 AM EST 1/9/2010. One of the most interesting books I've read. Look for review soon! Finish reading Calamity Jack by Shannon & Dean Hale with illustrations by Nathan HaleFinished at 4:25 pm EST 1/8/2010...look for blog tour next week! 5 of 5 stars!!!
- Write reviews for above mentioned books
Start Mailbox Monday post for next weekSet to post early Monday Morning!
- Write Teaser Tuesday posts for month of January
- Clean up Google Reader (too many blogs that are not even active anymore)
- Learn how to make buttons for my contests
- Learn how to make a signature for my posts
- Write up contest posts for upcoming blogger birthday (there will be many so be sure to come back and check it out)
- Update numbers for 200 Followers Contest and The Last Surgeon giveaway
Update spreadsheets with new books and challenge books for this yearCompleted at 7:32 PM EST on 1/8/2010.
- Participate in at least 5 challenges (Here's the list to choose from)
- Rebecca from The Book Lady’s Blog – 2010 Resolutions. You know you got them!
- Pam from MotherReader - Blogging is about community, so check out this Comment Challenge (watch for a Mr. Linky to be up on Saturday for you to complete this challenge).
Danielle from There’s a Book – Blogging takes time & I’m sure we’d all love to blog faster. Using a cheat sheet is just one idea of how to save time.Completed at 10:35 PM EST 1/8/2010. What a great challenge!!! Everyone should do this one!!
- Pam from Bookalicio.us – There is nothing worse than seeing your post on somebody else’s blog. Talking about blog copyright and what you need to be doing to protect yourself.
- Beth from Beth Fish Reads – Using categories & labels to find what you’re looking for.
- Jackie from Farm Lane Books – Do not lose it all! How to back up your blog.
- Karin from Karin’s Book Nook – There is nothing worse than landing on 404 error pages. It’s time to go on a dead link hunt!
- Chelle from Tempting Persephone – You have some great content. But can people find it? Here’s showing off the best of the best.
- Kristen from Bookworming in the 21st Century - Introducing a new blogger mentoring program and forum.
Jenn from Jenn’s Bookshelves – Got nothing to say (not likely – that’s why you’re blogging in the first place!) but here is an opportunity to brainstorm blogging topics.Completed at 1:30 AM EST 1/10/2010. Now trying to figure out how to upload PowerPoint into Google Documents to post here!
I am an Amazon Associate. By clicking on any book titles mentioned and making a purchase, I'll recieve a very small portion of the sale.