Monday, January 18, 2010

The Lunar Antics Presents: Boy, I'd Hate to Be Made Out of That Stuff! by Robert Walters

The Lunar Antics Presents: Boy I'd Hate to be Made Out of That Stuff! The Lunar Antics Presents: Boy I'd Hate to be Made Out of That Stuff! by Robert Walters


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
This is the story of four beings who choose to visit Earth in the hopes of imparting superior knowledge to humans. These four youngsters prove just how stupid Earthlings can be at times. I mean, why pay 23% interest on a credit card? That's insane! Zed points out how we eat way too many calories in our meals (7,234,742 to be exact) and then wonder how we gain so much weight. It is also pointed out that Earthlings watch far too much television and therefore rot out their brains. Join Zeno, Zed, Linda, and Drusus for a jolly good time along with the Earthling Professor Philip Zachary Jones to learn just what these Lunar Beings can teach us silly Earthlings!

Overall, this just wasn't my kind of book. That's not to say that it won't be something you would enjoy! This is my second graphic novel read and it was unlike the other one that I really enjoyed. This is a series of comics that do not make a complete story, rather like reading several Sunday papers in succession. I was looking for continuity, as in reading a complete novel. There were parts that I really did enjoy and the humor is appropriate for age groups 12+ years. There are some points that I just did "not get" and I'm not sure why. It's probably just me. I'm not an overly funny person and I tend to not get many jokes. There are many plays on words that are humorous and did cause me to giggle! Overall, an enjoyable book but probably much more for someone who tends to learn towards this type of book.

Book is in stores today!


Now for the giveaway...I'm giving away an ARC copy of this book on Feb. 7 at 11:59 PM EST. You may enter by using the form below. Entries left in the comment field will not count.



View all my reviews >>

Bookmark and Share







No comments:

Post a Comment