Friday, September 4, 2009

A Stinky Surprise for Jake the Snake by Shelly Nicholason


This is a super cute book and I just loved it! I hate to even admit that I had tears in my eyes as I was reading this book!!

Jake the Snake and his brother find out that their mom is going to have a baby. All they can think of is how stinky this baby will be. If having a baby wasn't bad enough, it's going to be a G-I-R-L!! How stinky!! Mom wants to name her what!?! Rose?!? Oh please!!

Jake starts 1st grade and gets to be the Star Student. Shortly thereafter, he gets sick and has to go home, but not before facing Nurse Picadilly. While at home, Grandma shows up and makes everything all better. Until the phone rings and well, I won't say anymore!!

The story in this book is very cute and identifiable with small children who worry about how a new baby will impact their lives. I highly recommend this book for all parents with young children, especially if more children are on the way!

Don't forget to check out the author's guest post from yesterday!

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment