First of all, is this not the coolest visual you've ever seen!?!?!? I mean, this picture is incredible and I think it really shows how committed book bloggers are to reading! The sky is the limit when it comes to what we read or write about! That's not to mention that many of us also have To-Be-Read piles this high too! LOL
Today is Day 1 of Book Blogger Appreciation Week. We are supposed to thank those blogs for their time and dedication to the book blogging world that didn't make the BBAW shortlists. There are a few that I would like to say a few words about...the envelope please!
1. Amy from My Friend Amy: She has been nominated in several categories but this event would not take place without her!! Amy, you are fantastic and I'm so glad to have been able to get to know you a little better. A large part of our meeting had to do with Amy hosting a guest chat with Beth Kephart concerning her Nothing But Ghosts book. Incredible work Amy!
2. Margaret "MJ" from Creative Madness That Makes Me Myself: I would not be blogging had it not been for MJ. I met her through a customer on eBay, found out she lived near me, and began to get to know her. She has been a great source of encouragement and I appreciate her critiques. She is also an awesome book blogger and new mommy to her precious AppleBlossom!! Needless to say, I was very disappointed that she was not nominated in the finals for any of the categories because I feel that she is more than worthy of receiving awards in the categories that she was first nominated for. I will continue to vote for her in future years!!
3. Sheila from One Person's Journey Through A World of Books: I'm not sure how I met Shelia but she is another book blogger who is full of encouragement and always has a positive word to say! You can follow her and her morning coffee cup through a world of book blogs and get some really great book recommendations! She also has a super fun meme that she created (Word Verification Balderdash) that can keep you super busy, especially when you are visiting many different blogs. I was hoping to see her get nods in the new blogger category and general blogging category. Be sure to check out where Sheila is going...she's always on the road, either on her bike, out with her super cool book club, or hanging out with hubby. As always, she has a book in hand!
4. Alison over at That's a Novel Idea: It is ironic that I "accidentally" met Ali while visiting Amy during the Nothing But Ghosts chat. She thought I was someone else and we were having a conversation that I quickly became lost in. We soon figured out that she had the wrong person but that didn't stop our blogging friendship! Alison is currently helping me figure out my design and layout of my blog, mainly where tabbing is concerned (it's a work in progress on my part!). I was looking for her to get a nod in the area of Best New Blog. She writes awesome reviews and has some pretty gnarly giveaways too! She is one that's not afraid to speak her mind about a book, but is respectful while doing so! I appreciate that from her. Be sure to check out her new meme, Show Me 5 Saturday! I will caution you in doing so because I promise you'll add more books to that TBR list!
5. Another shout out goes to Tricia at Library Queue! She is the founder of the Book Blogs on the Ning network. I'm just getting to know Tricia and I want you to come back tomorrow and meet her! She will be right here answering a few questions about herself and her book blogging world.
We hope to see you tomorrow!! Party on BBAW!!