Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mentoring Beginning Teachers, Second Edition: Guiding, Reflecting, Coaching

Mentoring Beginning Teachers, Second Edition: Guiding, Reflecting, Coaching Mentoring Beginning Teachers, Second Edition: Guiding, Reflecting, Coaching by Donna Niday


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I chose to read this book because I am a mentor for a new teacher this year. I felt that this book would be helpful in addition to the training that I receive from my school district. I found, surprisingly, that this book is *really* good! Most times I might turn my nose up at a book like this however I found it hard to stop reading at times.

The most enjoyable part of this book for me was the writing style itself. The writers were wonderful about introducing a topic, such as how to get your administrators to support you, and then they would role play dialogue to help solve the problem. Then a short summary would follow that would wrap up the most important points.

The topics covered were very beneficial to a mentor teacher, whether the protege is a student teacher or a brand new teacher with no prior experience. I had a wonderful mentor when I started teaching and I hope to impart part of his wisdom into the mentoring of my new teacher.

I feel more confident now that I've read this book and I'll be recommending it to the curriculum director in my school district for all mentor teachers to read!

View all my reviews >>

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment