Friday, July 17, 2009

Book Review: Too Too Many Tutus by Suzanne Davis Marion

Too Too Many Tutus Too Too Many Tutus by Suzanne Davis Marion


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Too Too Many Tutus by Suzanne Davis Marion is an adorable book about a little ballerina named Christina. She is to go to dance class but can not decide which tutu she should wear. According to her, the decision is just to great since she has too too many tutus. As any wise young will do, she first asks her mother for help. Her mom tells her the decision is all hers. Next she asks her dad and he doesn't quite know what to tell her either, especially since he is playing with her little brother. Max gives her some wonderful advice and that leads to Christina's adventure. He suggests that she lay out all the tutus and see which one looks best. She imagines herself in each one and what she could do in them. In the end, she makes a wise choice with her mother's guidance. I thought the choice was quite creative!



My Review

I personally enjoyed the illustrations in this book. Marj Hales did a wonderful job of making this book come to life in pictures. I have always enjoyed watercolors and that's how this book was chosen to be illustrated. My 3 year old daughter really enjoyed me reading this book to her. Her 5 year old big brother even listened in. DD loved the descriptions of each tutu and what Christina had chosen to do with them. The only comment DS had to add was "Mommy, Christina might have had too too many tutus, but you have too too many books!" Out of the mouths of babes!!

Special thanks to the author for sending me this book to review.


View all my reviews >>

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment