Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Coming Attraction Now Playing: Eyes LIke Stars


It's day 2 for The Children's Book Blog and this time we are featuring Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev. I have not yet read this book (still patiently waiting for it to arrive however, I wanted to mention what drove me to be interested in this book (besides all the great reviews!).

So, what piqued my interest in this book?? Well, I've heard it said that you should never judge a book by its cover but I couldn't help it with this one. The blue hair is really what sold me!! I also love theater and appreciate Shakespearean works. The cover is very well done and I really enjoy the brilliance in the color scheme. Yep, that's what hooked me into wanting to read this book.

While visiting other bloggers, there are some varied opinions out there on this book (as is the right of those blogging...we want honesty here!) However, I read enough positive ones that I know I will enjoy this book as soon as I can get it to appear in my hands!

Be sure to check out these other stops along the way. Each person has a unique perspective to this book!


The 160 Acre Woods, A Christian Worldview of Fiction, A Patchwork of Books, Abby the Librarian, All About Children’s Books, And Another Book Read, Becky’s Book Reviews, Dolce Bellezza, Fireside Musings, The Friendly Book Nook, Homeschool Book Buzz, Homespun Light, Hyperbole, KidzBookBuzz.com, Never Jam Today, Reading is My Superpower, Through a Child’s Eyes




Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment