Thursday, July 2, 2009

Eragon by Christopher Paolini

Eragon (Inheritance, #1) Eragon by Christopher Paolini


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I really enjoyed reading Eragon. It took me some time to get to it, but at my daughter's persistence, I picked it up and read it fairly quickly.



It's amazing that Christopher Paolini was only 15 when he wrote this book. What an imagination! I was a little frustrated by the language spoken by the different groups of characters, even with the pronunciation guide at the back of the book. I'm not one that likes to stop and look up a word when I'm engrossed in reading. I thought the characters were extremely well thought out and described as though I could see them.



My favorite character in this book is Arya. I don't know why though...maybe because I want to be her. She's a cute little elf with a ton of power.



I haven't seen the movie yet and I'm not sure I want to until I read the other books in this series. My daughter has read the book and seen the movie and enjoyed both.


View all my reviews.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment