Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wonderful Women Wednesday


Today's wonderful woman is known as Kayla H. Kayla is a former student of mine, as of Friday, May 22. This young lady totally amazes me. She helped me to organize 5 blood drives this school year and played a huge part in running them. As a result, she won a scholarship from the American Red Cross! Kayla has been my right hand for the past couple of years at school. She is also the first student that I have taught all 4 years of high school (this was my 4th year teaching). When we started the CNA program, I didn't think I'd see a CNA so soon, but Kayla is the first student from our high school to become a certified nursing assistant.

I can't even begin to tell you how proud of this young woman that I am. She has faced many obstacles in the four years I have known her, but she has met everyone of them head on and survived. She has an adorable daughter who is 2 and the highlight of her life. She is one of the few teenage moms who's been able to "pull it off" and stay in school. Kayla plans on starting her nursing career this fall at a local community college.

Kayla if you read this (and I hope you do!) I wish you all the luck in the world. You are more than deserving of my "Wonderful Women" award for this week along with the other blessings that will fall your way throughout life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment