Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wonderful Women Wednesday

Today's Wonderful Woman is an absolute gem!! I think the world of Dortha Wedeking! She is like an adopted grandmother to me. Growing up, I wasn't all that close to her but as I got older, I started "hanging out" with her. She has grandchildren around my age and her own children are more like older sisters to me. Dortha has been one of the most influential, positive women in my life. When I moved 500 miles away to go to college, Dortha moved back to her hometown area which is in the same vicinity of where I went to college. When times were tough for me, I'd go to her home for dinner or just go over for a visit. When times were even tougher and I had nowhere to live, this gracious woman opened up her home to me. I truly owe her for the lessons that she has taught me throughout life. She is a wonderful example of a Proverbs 31 woman and I can't thank her enough for showing me how a Christian woman should act and be.

It's been quite some time since I've seen Dortha but I'm hoping to be able to see her soon! I hope you have a wonderful woman who can influence you in the positive ways that "Grandma Dortha" has been to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment