Friday, August 21, 2009

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I have heard several things about this series from different students of mine. They all told me it was a good series and I'm glad that I listened to them!! Overall, I'd rate this 4.7 stars!

Clary is your "typical teenager" who likes to go to parties and hang out with her friends. It's a party at the Pandemonium that starts a series of problems for Clary. She runs into all sorts of non-human creatures and finds out that she may not be all human either.

This book has a lot of adventure, romance, and a few comedic scenes. One of my favorite conversations is between Jace and Clary at a poetry reading...

"Your friends poetry is terrible," he said.
Clary blinked, caught momentarily off guard. "What?"
"I said his poetry was terrible. It sounds like he ate a dictionary and started vomiting up words at random."


I think you'd like this book if you enjoy urban and paranormal fantasies. Thanks Mindi for hooking me up with this series!!!

View all my reviews >>

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment