Monday, August 3, 2009

The Reluctant Cowgirl by Christine Lynxwiler

The Reluctant Cowgirl (The McCord Sisters, Book 1) The Reluctant Cowgirl by Christine Lynxwiler


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a beautiful story about love, lost loves, and relationships with those who truly matter. Crystal has lost her sister, Jeremy has lost his daughter, and they have both seemed to have lost a sense of themselves in the process.

This amazing book is jam packed with drama, love, mystery and suspense, and humbling thoughts of a lost sheep coming back to the fold. I found myself tearing up multiple times while reading this book. I strongly identified with Crystal and some of the struggles that she was facing. She had a dream (but was it really her's?!?) to live out and was sidetracked into greater things along the way. That seems to be the story of my life but so far it's all turned out better than I could have anticipated.

This book is not for those who have a tendency to cry at the drop of the hat, however, I recommend that everyone read this! I had a hard time putting it down and enjoyed it cover to cover. I did get a little feared that the ending may not have been how I wanted it, but you'll just have to read the book to find out what does happen.

Highly recommended read! :)

View all my reviews >>

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. your review and the tweets while you were reading are really making me want to go grab this book!

    ReplyDelete