Monday, November 2, 2009

October Wrap Up


This is one of my favorite times of the year! I love the holiday season and the weather that comes with it! October has been a better reading month for me than September, although I add more to my to-be-read pile than whittling it down! I do think that might be a common blogger issue!

One disappointing thing for me this month was that I didn't participate in the 24 Hour Read-a-Thon. I just couldn't commit with having 3 children at home (2 of them being ages 3 and 5) and not to mention, we just had a really busy weekend that weekend! I did manage to read...wait for it....a whole 10 pages during the Read-a-Thon. Yes, I'm embarrassed!

My favorite feature of October in terms of books is that I read what I believe to be the best book of 2009. If you've not read "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett, you are missing out!!! It should be the very next book you read!!!

Well, here's the wrap up! Be sure to read to the end for a special announcement!

October


# pages read in October Rating








Bo's Cafe by Bill Thrall, John Lynch, Bruce McNicol
240

4.6
Breaking the Bank by Yona Zeldis McDonough

349

4.0
Girl in the Arena by Lise Haines


324

4.0
Beautiful Mess by Tom Roland
290

5.0
Meridian by Amber Kizer


305

4.0
Vampire Kisses: The Beginning by Ellen Schribner

562

4.5
Messy Tessy by Leah Orr

36

5
The Help by Kathryn Stockett 451 5
Field of Blood by Eric Wilson 403 4

This is a total of 2960 pages and an average of 4.46 stars for the month. I also hosted several giveaways, which I will update soon.

Thanks for being a dedicated reader! I hope to continue to provide good, quality book reviews for your reading pleasure!

I am a team captain for my school's Relay for Life team. As a part of my dedication to eradicate cancer, I'm going to donate $5 for every book I read between October 2009 and May 2010 (when the Relay event takes place). Would you please join me in my quest to rid our world of cancer? If so, click on the button and it will take you to my team page where you can make a donation. Thank you so much!! (Total donation so far: $45)










Bookmark and Share







No comments:

Post a Comment