Monday, November 2, 2009

Field of Blood by Eric Wilson

Field of Blood (Jerusalem's Undead Trilogy, Book 1) Field of Blood by Eric Wilson


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is one of the most interesting books I've ever read. This book starts out with a graphic depiction of the death of Judas. It's his blood that allows for the Collectors to come for many years afterward.

Gina is a young girl who can't understand why her mom cuts her all the time. I thought Nikki was a little neurotic myself and she's not the kind of mom I would want!!

What made this book so interesting is that it's a "Christian vampire" novel. Seems a little oxymoronic! Eric Wilson does a great job of depicting the scenes between Romania and the United States. I loved the rich history described in the book.

These are not your "normal" vampires. I love their method of feeding! It's a bit unique, but not one that I would want to be subject to!

One of my hangups with this book is that I think I got a little to caught up in the symbolism. I am also not a fan of books or movies that switch back and forth from present day to the future, back to the past, and so on. I have a hard time keeping it all straight!!

Character-wise, I HATED Nikki...she's purely evil. I had hoped she'd get her pay back before the book was over. My favorite character is Cal. He's just so mysterious and I hope to see him again in Haunt of the Jackals.

I would give this book an overall 4.5 stars. I will be starting the sequel as soon as I whittle down a few other books for tours this month.

I am an Amazon Associate. I personally purchased this book from Amazon. I receive no monetary compensation for my book reviews.

View all my reviews >>

Bookmark and Share







1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the insightful and honest comments. I'm glad you liked the book, and hope you get to continue the series in "Haunt of Jackals" and "Valley of Bones" (April 2010).

    ReplyDelete