Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Vampire Kisses: The Beginning by Ellen Schreiber

Vampire Kisses: The Beginning (Vampire Kisses Omnibus) Vampire Kisses: The Beginning by Ellen Schreiber


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Vampire Kisses: The Beginning is a compilation of three books by Ellen Schreiber. The books included are Vampire Kisses, book 1; Vampire Kisses 2: Kissing Coffins; and Vampire Kisses 3: Vampireville.

This collection of books reads fairly quickly. It's a lighter read for a paranormal book than I would have expected. It is the story of Raven, the Goth-girl and residents of "Dullsville" (I think I've been there a few times!). A new family moves in to the old mansion on the hill and the gossip begins to fly about the vampires. Raven does everything she can to meet this new family...everything from breaking into the mansion to practically running over the young teen that is her new heart throb. Alexander is everything in a boy that Raven has always wanted...everything except for human that is.

This series of books chronicles the adventures in Raven discovering her Alexander's true identity. In the meantime, she runs into some of his "old friends" (no pun intended!) and life gets a little crazy. What will happen to the residents of Dullsville? What will happen to Raven? Will she become Alexander's eternal lover?

I read this collection in a fairly short amount of time, considering there are 562 pages in the book. I read the first two in one day! I found this series to be more humorous than that "other vampire series that seems to be so popular" (yes, I'm a fan of it too!). I tend to think this might be a better series just because it's not so serious that it makes you want to throw the book across the room. The story flows very well and quickly as well. I look forward to reading the next 2 books in the series, as soon as I can pry my teens' hands off of them!

This book is another one that has been "borrowed from Mindi". Please feel free to show her some blog love too...she's a new Teen blogger!

View all my reviews >>

Bookmark and Share







No comments:

Post a Comment