Thursday, June 6, 2024

Five Tries to Get It Right by Kathryn Dodson

 

Five Tries to Get It RightFive Tries to Get It Right by Kathryn Dodson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is heavily focused on some serious mental health issues. Kate and Lydia could be any random two friends in today's society. They've known each other since elementary school. In their 20's, they went on a whirlwind overseas tour of five different countries. Now in their fifties, both newly single (one by death, one by divorce) ladies decide to revive that tour after Kate has a bout in the mental ward of a hospital. Each country they visit brings about memories, both good and bad, as well as further develops their friendship bond.

This book is very emotional. High highs and low lows. I was sucked in from the first page! Both ladies are running from issues, not unlike many people today! On this journey they find themselves and learn more about each other, sometimes in the most unflattering of ways. The ending was not what I expected but I was not disappointed in it. This one is going to stick with me for a bit!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment