Saturday, June 18, 2022

The Prospect of Death (An Alyssa Chalmers Cozy Mystery) by Carmen Radtke

 

The Prospect of Death (Alyssa Chalmers mysteries, #2)The Prospect of Death by Carmen Radtke
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a great, cozy little historical murder mystery romance novel to spend my Saturday enjoying! Alyssa and several of her friends have travelled from Australia to Canada in the hopes of finding husbands. They depart from the boat and start learning their way around Run's End when the hotel owner is found murdered. Alyssa would much rather be a sleuth than to be married and she's running around trying to solve this murder. Meanwhile, the other girls are marrying off and making a life for themselves. Will Alyssa find her happily ever after or will she remain a sleuth?

I enjoyed this book very much. The characters were very loveable, the writing fairly plain (although there are a couple of scenes that I felt might have been abandoned), and there was a great balance of mystery and romance. I was not aware that this was the second book in this series so this can definitely be read as stand-alone but I'm going to go back and read the first book!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment