Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Distant Heart Sounds (Nurse Morgan Series Book 1) by Kate MacInnis

 

Distant Heart Sounds (Nurse Morgan #1)Distant Heart Sounds by Kate MacInnis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Morgan is an experienced ER nurse, having over 20 years under her belt. Within the past three months, she's had surgery to repair a brain aneurysm and things just haven't been the same since. It starts out with a feeling, a tingling sensation, then progresses to much more. Is there someone in her house? She grabs the baseball bat and makes sure she's alone...but is she really??
Trauma has a way of changing things in a person. Morgan's been through a lot and her friend and co-worker Dr. Savannah thinks she's come back to work too soon. The ER bustles with trauma and one day it smacks Morgan in the face when she realizes she is talking to someone who is dead! She can hear them, feel them, and sometimes see them. Is she going crazy?
Then Dr. Carter starts working at the hospital with her. Oh, he's quite the hunk and all the girls are drooling over him. He sees things too. Maybe this isn't as weird as it sounds....

This was a fun book to read! I am a former nurse who had to retire due to trauma. I've been in "haunted" hospital rooms so I could identify with some of the things that Morgan experienced. I'm still not fully certain that this isn't all in my head but maybe one day we'll know more! A very enjoyable book that had me longing to go back to the bedside!! I look forward to reading more books in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment