Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Finding Starlight (Quimby Grove Book 1) by Shannon Nikole


Finding Starlight (Quimby Grove #1)Finding Starlight by Shannon Nikole
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is gonna stay with me for awhile! Ellawyn (I love that name!) is suffering at the hands of her abuser. She needs to get away but she’s scared. One day she musters up the courage and finds herself in Quimby Grove. Ella spends her time in the local bookstore, Starlight Books, eating lemon blueberry scones and drinking her vanilla latte. Benji, the elderly bookstore owner, takes a particular liking to her and they strike up a friendship. Things take a turn for Benji and he mentions that his grandson, Beckett, will be arriving soon and he’d like for them to meet up.
Beckett owns an advertising agency but truly misses his home at Starlight Books. He’s ecstatic that his grandfather has called him home for a visit, but at the same time very apprehensive. What could this visit mean for them? Beckett learns the reason and decides he’s going to stay on for awhile and conduct his business affairs remotely. Then he sees her…the girl who stays in Starlight all day long and he has to meet her.
From the moment they meet, Beckett and Ellawyn have explosive fireworks all around. Then the messages start up. The threatening calls, notes left on doors…Ella thought she’d left all that behind. Can she open up her heart to someone else? Is she ready to make the next step in her life?
This book, as I previously mentioned, is going to stick with me for awhile. These characters are very relatable and loveable! I laughed, I cried, I even wanted to throw my book a few times while learning more about the residents of Quimby Grove. Benji completely stole my heart and I really hope the next book in this series is about Max.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment