Monday, June 27, 2022

Queen of Hearts (Heels, Rhymes & Nursery Crimes Vol. 21) By Natalina Reis

 

Queen of Hearts (Heels, Rhymes & Nursery Crimes, #21)Queen of Hearts by Natalina Reis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think every woman would know someone that she'd like to send to the Queen of Hearts!! This book was a little different than I expected, but I was not disappointed!! I have not read any other books in this series but I believe this little stand alone served it's purpose...to get me to read the other books! :)

Mimi Mioyo (I love how that name rolls off the tongue) is fed up over the way that men can get by treating...or mistreating, women. Thus, she becomes the Queen of Hearts. Any man who can beat her at a game of Stolen Hearts has an opportunity with her that other men are clamoring for. The thing is, would they be if they knew what *really* happens behind the Queen's doors?

Jac is a new guy in town who claims to be Mimi's new dealer. Mimi isn't sure she can trust anyone else but Jac does something to earn her trust...but will it ever be a complete trust? He is a man after all!

I love how this story intertwines so many facets of things that, unfortunately, happen today. While this is a work of fictional fantasy, I know that some will wish some of these events to come true in their own lives. There are some deep topics covered in this book but all in all, I found it to be a very enjoyable read on a stormy afternoon. I look forward to reading other books in this series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment