Friday, June 17, 2022

Isabella Bride of Ohio: American Mail Order Bride by Debra Parmley

 

Isabella Bride of Ohio: American Mail-Order Brides SeriesIsabella Bride of Ohio: American Mail-Order Brides Series by Debra Parmley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Isabella has recently arrived in Massachusetts by way of Sweden. She finds work in a textile mill, which burns to the ground shortly after she starts working there. Not sure where she will go or what she will do next, Isabella and a group of her friends start looking at ads for mail-order brides. Isabella starts writing with a man named Donald Jenks and it's soon decided that she will meet up with him. Having already faced a lot of tragedy in her life and hearing her grandmother's warning about how bad things happen in 3's, Isabella is a little apprehensive about this trip to Ohio to meet her likely future husband. He sounds great on paper...has the perfect house, a great job, good life goals...everything a girl who had nothing could desire. Will this be her picture perfect marriage?

I love reading mail-order bride books!! They are some of my favorites. In a way, I liken it to a more modern trend of internet-brides....one of which I am! I met my husband online and we dated for a short time in real life before marrying. I went through similar emotions that Isabella experienced, only in a more modern time frame for sure.

There were a couple of unexpected twists in this book but ones that made the story much more relatable and realistic. The characters were very well developed and likeable (well, most of them were...). I understand that this book is part of a 50 book series. I'll have to read some of the others in this series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment