Thursday, November 26, 2009

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I was given this book by a student of mine, Mindi, to read. She knows that I love a good paranormal novel and thought I might enjoy this one. All I can say is that this book is "just alright". I wasn't dying to pick it up after I had to put it down to take care of the kids or whatever I had to do. I found the storyline between Lissa and Rose to be a little boring, and worse than that, the storyline between Rose and Dmitri. I thought with a name like Dmitri that I would experience a little more action in this book than was provided. I am trying REALLY hard not to compare this to other paranormal books that I have read. It just didn't have the substance that others do that I have really enjoyed.

If this were to be made into a movie, I would hope that Angelica Houston could play Queen Tatiana. I just see her in that role for some reason!!

I am starting Frostbite now with the hopes that the series gets a little better!

View all my reviews >>

Bookmark and Share







No comments:

Post a Comment