Thursday, August 22, 2024

Ward D by Freida McFadden

 

Ward DWard D by Freida McFadden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I knew when I read the synopsis of this book that I had to read the whole thing. I could have easily read this in one setting but life demanded other things in between chapters. After reading some reviews from other readers, I especially wanted to read this book, not because their reviews were awesome, but because they rated it so poorly! What?!?!

When I was in nursing school, we had to do a rotation in a psych unit. It was one of the most terrifying, yet fun times of my life. Just like Amy, we were taught that these are humans, not conditions, and that's how I saw this. Afterall, if you spend anytime in a psych unit, you will begin to wonder why you're not there yourself.

Some readers found the story to be ridiculous and overdone. I mean, in truth, that's a possibility considering that Ward D is on the 9th floor. Other floors above and below could have possibly heard the commotion, especially at night. But having worked in a hospital, and part of that time being at night, you don't always tune in to other things around you. What happened on Ward D could potentially happen in a hospital setting. Likely? Very low chances but it *could* happen.

I thought I had this figured out and I mostly did but I still enjoyed this read very much! This is only my second book by this author (I read The Teacher first) but I enjoy her style of writing!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment