Sunday, January 7, 2024

The Prisoner of Paradise (Painted Souls Series Book 1) by Rob Samborn

 

The Prisoner of Paradise (Painted Souls, #1)The Prisoner of Paradise by Rob Samborn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nick is an avid hockey player. One wrong move though and he found himself sidelined with a head injury that he is in denial over. When an opportunity for the trip of a lifetime to Venice comes along, Nick and his wife Julia are excited. Julia is concerned that it might be too much for Nick though. Eventually, they make the journey where Julia has an opportunity to write for a prestigious publication but they are going to soak up as much as tourists can while on a working vacation. When they visit an art gallery and see Tintoretto's Paradise, things start to get a little interesting for Nick. He soon finds himself embroiled in a mystery that is over 400 years old with a need to release trapped souls.

This book is one that I wasn't sure I would enjoy but I wanted to give it a chance and I'm so glad that I did. Normally, I struggle with dual time-line stories but this one was written in a way that didn't affect me like others have in the past. I was engrossed in this story from word one page one. I'm super excited about other stories in this series! I love the mystery, intrigue, and the historical aspects of this adventure.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment