Wednesday, January 17, 2024

In Honor's Defense (Hanger's Horsemen #3) by Karen Witemeyer

 

In Honor's Defense (Hanger's Horsemen, #3)In Honor's Defense by Karen Witemeyer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I picked up this book from my local library's online reading app. I absolutely love Karen Witemeyer books and knew this one would not disappoint! I have not read the previous books in this series but felt comfortable diving into this one. It can be read as a standalone but I have to know more about Hanger's Horsemen so you can bet I'll be going back and reading the other two, plus any to follow!

Damaris....I love her name! She's a rather unattractive woman in her mid twenties who is caring for her elderly Great Aunt when a letter comes informing her of her brother's demise. She also learns at that time that her nephew, Nathaniel, has been left in her care. Damaris packs up her life in St. Louis and moves to Texas to be with the teenage boy who's now lost both of his parents.

Luke Davenport was born a fighter and will probably fight until his last breath. He is a member of Hanger's Horsemen and has been hired by a Mr. Grimes to help investigate the case of his missing cattle.

Damaris and Luke meet under rather unfortunate circumstances (at least for Damaris!) but they form a bond that is unlike any that either of them have experienced before. There are perils, heartache, sub par food, fires, a teenage boy, books, and more that bring them together in some fairly unique circumstances. Their love for the Lord will see them through all of these circumstances though!

I loved this book and struggled to put it down. When I did have to put it down for a bit, I thought about what life might have been like in this fictional story. I love how Luke didn't focus on Damaris's physical appearance, but rather her heart. It's a very touching story that I found myself tearing up over at times. Other times I laughed, then I'd get mad. I hope there will be more stories in this series and I'm going back to catch up on the stories that I've missed! I'd love to see the wives get a series too!! (**HINT HINT**)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment