Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wonderful Women Wednesday

So I'm late with this one...it's been a long week here!

This week's "wonderful woman" is the woman who gave me life. Momma was born in a small town in IL and lived in an even smaller town (Sheldon's Grove, IL). She was the 2nd of 4 children of farming parents, with her older sibling being her twin. My mother is amazing for so many reasons...first and foremost because she is *MY* mom. I wouldn't be who I am today without her guidance in my life. When I was 4 years old (and my baby sister just 6 weeks old), she was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy. I have never seen her let this disease stand in her way! She is a woman of God, for which I'm thankful that she and my dad raised me in a christian home. Mom and dad just celebrated their 35th wedding anniversary on April 14 of this year. Not many of my friends can say their parents have stayed married that long! She has given me so much love and encouragement throughout my life! She's the reason I'm a nurse and the mother to my children that I am. I learn so much from my mom, even to this day!! I don't see her as often since I've moved away to Georgia, but rarely a day goes by that we don't talk on the phone. I love you momma!!

Who is one of the wonderful women in your life? Sound off!

No comments:

Post a Comment