Sunday, April 26, 2009

Review of Inkspell by Cornelia Funke

Inkspell (Inkheart, Book 2) Inkspell by Cornelia Funke


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Inkspell is the second book in the Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke. It is full of suspense, mystery, murder, and love. I think I enjoyed this book a bit more than the first book because it involved the main characters in an engaging way. The story picks up where it left off in the first book, with Meggie and Mo, Elinor, and Resa. They are hoping that life will get back to "normal" after all the drama of the last book. Mo is a book binder and both he and Meggie have a unique gift of reading people into books.



I was thankful that there is a map and a list of characters in the beginning of this book. It not only serves as a refresher from the previous book, but also helps to guide you through the various scenes with the new story.



Meggie gets a wild idea to go to Inkworld, with her friend Farid, who is left behind from the previous book. She is like the runaway kid...leaves a note for her parents to find. The only problem is that when she and Farid left, someone came in her place. Rather...someones. That's when the real story begins. The reader is pulled in to the vivid imagery of the Wayless Woods and, if allowed, the reader might feel as though they are there!!



While I don't want to give anything from this book away (hate it when someone does that!), this book does set up for an excellent 3rd book Inkdeath and I look forward to reading what will happen. I have a prediction as to what the "Inkdeath" means, but I will reserve that for when I read it...and will happily discuss it with anyone without fully giving away anything else!!


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment