Thursday, December 28, 2023

At Your Request by Jen Turano

 

At Your Request (Apart from the Crowd, #0.5)At Your Request by Jen Turano
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a pretty fun and sometimes funny read. I found myself laughing out loud several times while enjoying this story.

Miss Wilhelmena Radcliff is someone that I would consider a brat! She's from a wealthy family and hasn't had to want for much in life. During her coming out party, her best friend of forever proposes marriage to her. She turns him down and subsequently, her life starts going downhill. Her dad loses a bunch of money in a business deal and "Willie" finds herself a wallflower among the New York society. It's at a ball that she runs into Mr. Edgar Wanamaker, the young man who was her best friend and who proposed marriage to her. It had been several years since they'd last seen each other and their meeting is rather humorous! Will they rekindle the flames or move on with their lives?

I think I loved Edgar's mom the most. She reminds me of a very sassy woman I once knew who kept everyone on their toes. This was an enjoyable, quick read and I look forward to continuing with this series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment