Friday, June 4, 2010

The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks

The Last Song The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
It's been quite awhile since I read a Nicholas Sparks book and I remember now why I love his writing.

Ronnie is a troubled teenager who hears those dreaded words "You are going to your dad's this summer". Just what every teenage daughter wants to hear when her dad has been NON-EXISTENT in her life! Her only saving part of the summer is that her little brother Jonah will be going with her.

Nothing seems to work out the way Ronnie has planned and her summer is headed for doom. Her new friend Blaze is very interesting and her creeper boyfriend Marcus is more like a stalker. Meanwhile, Jonah is helping his dad to create a stain-glassed window.

Ronnie has a soft spot for animals and when she learns of turtles laying eggs on the beach behind her dad's house, she begins to camp out there to protect the eggs from the racoons. Through that process, she meets Will.

This is very much a love story that is full of all kinds of emotion. I laughed, I cried, I wanted to throw the book, cried some more, laughed some more, and enjoyed my first few days of summer vacation with Ronnie, Jonah, and Will.

I borrowed this book from my friend Jenna.

View all my reviews >>

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment