Saturday, August 20, 2022

The Letter Carrier by L.C. Lewis

 

The Letter CarrierThe Letter Carrier by Laurie L.C. Lewis
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is an absolutely beautiful read that was well-researched. I found this book to be very moving and historically accurate.

Michelle and her family are trying to escape before the Nazis take over when they are re-routed back home. However, not all the family members are allowed to return home. Even when they do return, it's not really home as the Nazis have overtaken everything and made the Nater family their servants in all things.

I can't imagine the horrors of raising a family during this time in history, not knowing from one moment to the next if the family is in danger or being protected. Young children had to grow up at a remarkedly fast pace and see things that I hope no one, child or adult, would ever have to see.

This is a beautiful read and one that I hope will be well-loved by many!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment