Saturday, August 6, 2022

The Girl Who Escaped by Mark Nolan

 

The Girl Who EscapedThe Girl Who Escaped by Mark Nolan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Clear your schedule for the day when you plan to start reading this one! You won't be able to put it down!

Angie and a group of her friends are wanting to enjoy their last night of spring break. They go out to all the places where all the people are but Angie has this nagging feeling. Something's not right. A hot waiter passes by them handing out jello shots and her friends are all hands on grabbing those shots. Angie passes as she's the designated driver for the night. Before she knows it, she sees the waiter again, only this time in the back of her SUV with his gun pointed at the head of one of her friends. Angie is ordered to drive down a path that has only one end. A dead one.....

Angie escapes physically but the scars will remain forever. While spending some time in a mental hospital, she meets great people like Evelyn, Brenda, Jake, and Cody. Together, they form a bond that will help to bring justice to those that caused great harm to Angie and her friends.

Wow, this book has several twists and turns! It kept me on the edge of my seat and I wasn't able to put this book down until I finished it from the very beginning. I love the author's notes at the end of this book too, going over some safety tips while discussing how some of the scenarios came about for this book. I highly recommend this one and it's definitely in my top 3 for book of the year for 2022!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment