Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dael and the Painted People by Allan Richard Shickman


Dael and the Painted People (Book 3 in the Zan-Gah Series)Dael and the Painted People by Allan Richard Shickman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In this third book of the Zan-Gah series, Dael is running from his Ba-Coro family to venture out on his own. He looks back and sees Sparrow following him...Sparrow who cannot talk...Sparrow who is so torn up by Rydl's rejection that Dael is unsure of how to handle her. They form an unlikely bond when they find themselves among the painted people.


Dael is an enigma to the painted people, just as they are to him and Sparrow. To fit in, Dael and Sparrow spread the red clay all over their bodies and begin to learn the language. For the first time since knowing her, Dael can see that Sparrow has picked up the clicking language of the red people. She becomes even more social after bearing Dael a son named Xiti.


The red people's shaman is a very stern, large man who isn't impressed with Dael and the mystical powers he possesses. Shnur tries multiple times to rid his people of Dael, but his people begin to give Dael more allegiance. It's not until a prank and a healing take place that things change for the worse.


After some reuniting among friends takes place, Dael and Sparrow are finally able to heal more hurts and move on with life amongst the people they have loved for so long.


I want to thank Bonnie of Earthshaker Books for offering this book to me to read. I have read all three books in this series now and highly recommend them to readers of all ages!


Read my review of Zan-Gah A Prehistoric Adventure here


Read my review of Zan-Gah and the Beautiful Country here


I was SUPER DUPER EXCITED to read the last line in the book. I won't tell you what it is but it means that I might get to learn more about my favorite character (who happens to be a very minor character)!! Thank you Allan Richard Shickman for writing such fascinating novels!


View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie,

    Thank you for your enthusiastic review. I am glad you especially liked the ending because I was pleased with it too.

    A .R. Shickman

    ReplyDelete