Friday, May 13, 2011

The Lightkeeper's Ball by Colleen Coble

The Lightkeeper's Ball (Mercy Falls, #3)The Lightkeeper's Ball by Colleen Coble
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Olivia and her family have received word that her sister, Eleanor, has died. She was betrothed to the wealthy Harrison Bennett and now it's on Olivia to marry him to keep the family fortune going. Olivia sets out instead, to find out why/how her sister died, and not to marry Harrison. Afterall, he's nothing but a nob (or so people say). While in route to Mercy Falls, California, she is shoved off the boat. Who else will save her except for Harrison himself. Suspicions immediately are aroused by Olivia (now known as Lady Devonworth) as to who caused her sister's death. Will she ever find out? Will other secrets learned devastate her family and their social standing?


This is the first Colleen Coble book that I've read. It's the third book in the Mercy Falls series. However, I don't feel that this book has to be read in order. I didn't sense that I was missing any pieces as I read this book. I will be seeking out the other two books in this series and reading them though, as I have thoroughly enjoyed this historical romance/mystery novel.


I have to say that I *love* historical fiction. Add a great romance and mystery to that and I'm as good as sold on the story! I fell in love with the cover of this book and would love to own a dress like this!! I also appreciated the details provided in this book of the homes, dresses, and even the food! I would have loved to have jumped in this story and had it be mine! I had no idea who could have been the cause of Eleanor's death (although I had a couple of suspicions I wasn't even remotely close to guessing correctly) and I wasn't sure how the end would go! This was a story that I wasn't ready for the ending...and I hope that more books will be written in this series to highlight a few more characters!

My only disappointment from this book is that it did not include more details about the Ball itself. It was almost as if it wasn't all that important to detail. I was looking forward to hearing more of the "red carpet news" so to speak, of the Ball.


This book captured and held me from start to finish. I hope it will do the same for you!


Many thanks to Audra Jennings and The B&B Media Group for providing this copy to read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment