Sunday, May 15, 2011

To Win Her Heart by Karen Witemeyer

To Win Her HeartTo Win Her Heart by Karen Witemeyer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Levi has a past that he would like to leave...in the past. His move to Spencer, TX is just what he needs. The local town is in need of a blacksmith and he has the skill and knowledge to fit the job.



Eden is a lonely lady who is really thinking she'll live the rest of her life alone after what her broken engagement. While she loves books and reading, there are some things that pages in a book cannot replace. She could have anyone she wanted. Afterall, she is the heiress to the town's founder!



Sheriff Pratt is always on the prowl...for women that is. While he desperately wants to woo Eden, she won't give him the time of day. How can he ever win her heart?



This is the 3rd Karen Witemeyer book and I believe she gets better with each one. She spins a tale of romance, humor, and a little bit of suspense as well. The mine scene seemed so real in this book it's as if she was sitting there watching the activity all unfold while writing this story.



My favorite line in this book comes from a scene with Chloe while she's chewing Eden out. Having teenage daughters, it was almost as if they were saying the line and I found it very funny (although the scene is very serious). Chloe says "...but if you can't see the good man he is, you need to unscrew them eyeballs of yours and try on a different pair." I just love that!!!



So who wins who's heart? Well you'll have to read and find that one out. I loved the ending. It was a total surprise to me (based on what I thought would be a small part in the book!). That's all I'm saying about that though! Have a tissue handy...I bawled like a baby through the last 10 pages or so!



Many thanks to Karen and to Bethany House for providing a copy to review. I have also purchased a copy of this book so look for a giveaway soon!



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for Ms. Witemeyer's next novel. She has become an author whose latest books I snatch up without hesitation. Though the covers are always enticing, and the blurbs are intriguing, I no longer need to study them before purchasing. I know what awaits me when I curl up into a comfy chair and begin to drift into the world of her amazing storytelling.

    ReplyDelete