Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Teaser Tuesday



Teaser Tuesdays is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading.

TEASER TUESDAYS asks you to:

Grab your current read. Let the book fall open to a random page.

Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Please avoid spoilers!!

My father reached for the lowest limb of an old massive breadfruit tree, then scrambled from branch to branch until he disappeared into the leafy canopy. I followed. Halfway up the tree, cooler air rustled through the leaves. My father pushed aside a young branch; I stared at two flat slabs of stone that bordered a wide entrance. Rancid air hit my face. Several bats flew out. A black rat scrambled back into the shadows. I shuddered, then crawled in.

This is taken from Warriors in the Crossfire by Nancy Bo Flood.

Be sure to check out what these other bloggers have to say about this great book!



Whispers of Dawn, Cafe of Dreams, The Hungry Readers, My Own Little Corner of the World, KidzBookBuzz.com, Reading is My Superpower, 5 Minutes for Books, Becky’s Book Reviews, Fireside Musings, My Utopia

1 comment:

  1. Staci - Life in the ThumbApril 27, 2010 at 7:01 PM

    And the character still crawled in????Crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete