Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen

The Silent Governess The Silent Governess by Julie Klassen


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is such a beautiful story full of love, mystery, and beautiful clothing!! :) I love reading historical fiction and this second read by Julie Klassen was the perfect weekend getaway!

Oliva isn't sure what she might have done to the man but she does know that she needs to get away quickly. She finds herself in even more trouble once she is on her way to a school for work. Will the drama ever end?

There are so many things I absolutely loved about The Silent Governess. The title is more than fitting and it had me intrigued from the beginning! I loved learning more about Parliament, Dukes, Earls, and most importantly, Governesses. I think had I lived back then that I would have loved to be a Governess. While it's a quiet, somewhat lonely lifestyle, I would have been a perfect match since I'm so painfully shy!

I don't think I can pick a favorite character from this book because there are just so many good ones. Some who were my favorite in the beginning ended up being ones that I didn't care as much for by the end and vice versa. There are so many wonderful and exciting twists and turns that I was on the edge of my seat the entire time I was reading. This was a quick, three settings read and I can truthfully say that I hated to see it end.

Julie Klassen has now written three wonderful books, The Apothecary's Daughter, The Lady of Milkweed Manor, and now, The Silent Governess. I have read all but The Lady of Milkweed Manor and that will be read very soon!

I purchased this book and will keep it on my shelves it's just that great!

View all my reviews >>

Bookmark and Share







3 comments:

  1. Great review. I am not a big reader of HF, but I love the governess, dukes, earls, and such in movies. I may have to check this out, sounds like you really enjoyed it Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! My first thought was that this one wouldn't be for me. But you sold it so well, I just may have to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm so glad you liked it! I kinda thought you would ;-)

    xoxo~ Renee

    ReplyDelete