Sunday, May 28, 2023

What Do the Plants Say? (Alex, the Inventor) by Lois Wickstrom

 

What Do the Plants Say? (Alex, the Inventor)What Do the Plants Say? by Lois Wickstrom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Alex hears the plants talking to her. She's very intrigued by this and wants to learn more of what they are saying to her. She tries a variety of methods to distinguish between the different "pops" and learns that they want to have a party. What's the best way to have a party? With helium of course!

This was a fun book but not my favorite by this author. She writes a lot of books with a science them, and while this one was still science focused, it had more of a mythical approach to it as well. I was not fond of the "talking to plants and thinking they speak to you" aspect. I do know that there is some research out there about talking to plants but I'm not super convinced of this having a true effect. I think for kids, it's best to keep it simple. I still recommend this book though!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment