Sunday, May 21, 2023

Tally and the Angel: Book Three, Japan by Eleanor Dixon

 

Japan (Tally and the Angel #3)Japan by Eleanor Dixon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Tally's adventures have taken her, her dad, and her guardian angel Jophiel to India, Canada, and now Japan. I was most looking forward to this adventure! While it's still really enjoyable, it's not as exciting of a read as I was anticipating. However, there is a cursed drum, sumo wrestlers, and a ghost queen who will really keep you wondering what she's going to do next!

Tally meets Miyu and Yoshi when she arrives in Japan. They are just as excited as she is to have a new friend. They speak amazing English and really hit it off pretty quickly. Tally learns that Miyu's family used to own a museum and Miyu knows a lot of the family history. Yoshi comes from a long line of sumo wrestlers and he's going for his interview to be accepted into the academy. They spend time outside of their schoolwork playing with a drum that seems to have some sort of special powers.

I was really sad when Jophiel started to act the way he did in this book. I wanted to smack some sense into him!! Overall, I do think he might be my favorite character in all the books that I've read in this series.

I do highly recommend reading these books in order, although one could skip around. It would bring about some confusion as to Jophiel's backstory if you don't read them in order and some of the character names would be a mystery. I've really enjoyed reading this series and I'm hoping that we'll have more adventures with Tally and Jophiel to read about soon!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment