Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Hush, My Darling (Benoit and Dayne Mystery Book 2) by Winter Austin

 

Hush, My Darling (Benoit and Dayne Mystery, #2)Hush, My Darling by Winter Austin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you enjoy watching the ABC show "Big Sky", you'll love this book! Once some of the details about the killer came to light, I always saw him as Ronald from this hit show! It made the reading of the book even creepier for me, but I did find this book to be more entertaining than the show!

I have not read the first book in this series so I'll be going back to do that to fill in some holes but knowing what I know now, it might ruin some of that first book for me. This book can be read as a standalone because there are many details filled in to catch the reader up to date but there are a few things I'd like to know that were not addressed in this book.

Lila Dayne is a damaged detective after experiencing the wrath of the I-80 killer. The one thing that the killer didn't anticipate was Lila living to talk about it. When a body shows up in the town where she's the deputy detective, she sees all the hallmarks of her tormentor. Then the nightmares intensify and sleep isn't to be had.

Sheriff Elizabeth Benoit is still a fairly newly elected sheriff who has not previous LEO experience. She has her hands full with the massive flooding that is occurring and now a murder victim....and then another. She needs Lila to stay on track but can she do that considering what she's been through? Ellie is already short staffed and feeling the pressures of being the sheriff while her opponent is lurking in the background always trying to add in his two cents on how she could do her job better. Will they ever find out who this serial killer is?

This book is one that will keep you on the edge of your seat! I highly recommend this one!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment