Sunday, April 17, 2022

A Promise Engraved (Doors to the Past #8) by Liz Tolsma

 

A Promise Engraved (Doors to the Past, #8)A Promise Engraved by Liz Tolsma
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Set at the Alamo, this dual timeline book features Josie, John, Kayleigh, and Brandon. Josie and John live during the 1800's and the time of the battle of the Alamo, while Kayleigh and Brandon live in the present age. I'll be the first to admit, I get confused when reading a book or watching a tv show/movie that switches back and forth, but this one did not confuse me! It was clearly defined in terms of which time frame was being discussed so I was able to keep up fairly easily.

This book was so hard to put down the couple of times I needed to!! It seems like each transition from Josie and John's story to Kayleigh and Brandon's left a bit of a cliffhanger that made you want to keep reading!

I was very intrigued by the information that I learned about the battle of the Alamo that I wasn't aware of (or didn't remember from history class) as well as the cat eye ring that is a focal point of this story. I love how the author intertwined the stories and revealed the connection in the end. A few times this book had me on the edge of my seat and it was as if I couldn't read it fast enough!

A very enjoyable read by a new-to-me author! I'm looking forward to reading more of her titles! I will also be looking into other titles in this series! I was not aware that this was a part of a series until I was finished with it. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment