Saturday, July 24, 2010

Review: Wake by Lisa McMann

Wake (Dream Catcher, #1)Wake by Lisa McMann

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This wasn't my favorite book but it is unique. I wonder how much my perception of this book was altered by the announcement that it was being made into a movie that Miley Cyrus would star in?!?! I really think that may have tainted my thoughts on this book as I was reading it.

I have to give it to LisA McMann, this book is an original paranormal. I've not read anything like it before. The whole 'getting into someone's dream' is something that my husband has had an interest in. So far, he's been successful at changing the outcome of the dream one time (that he's told me). Cabel seemed like a real dirt bag until you find out what he really is. I wasn't feeling him for the longest time!

I'm sure the younger set will enjoy this more than I did. I will be reading Gone next though...just to see what does happen!

View all my reviews >>


Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

  1. Your review is the first I've seen for Wake. I think knowing that Miley Cyrus is going to star in the movie adaptation can effect your experience with the book.

    ReplyDelete