Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Review: Behind Church Doors by Sylvia Brown-Roberts

Behind Church Doors: A NovelBehind Church Doors: A Novel by Sylvia Brown-Roberts

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I highly recommend this book to all readers. This is a glimpse into Sister NikkiMac's life while at church. The usher who gives the evil eye when one has to get up to go to the bathroom, the "Baby Jumpers", and those who come in late are a few of the characters to be met in this book.

Sylvia Brown-Roberts wrote an exceptionally hilarious (serious when needed) book about life during a church service in the Lord's body. She models what a church service should look like from a Biblical standpoint while giving you a glimpse into NikkiMac's thoughts. There were several points of this book that I had to read to my husband. I'm not sure how many of the sayings were cultural and I was just unaware or if the author is just that witty!

Needless to say, this was a great cultural book, as well as one that teaches proper church respect. I would have to say that my favorite character is Cletus. I hope you'll take the time to read this book and see why I loved him so much! :)

Happy Reading!

View all my reviews >>


Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment