Tuesday, June 2, 2015

To Win Her Favor by Tamera Alexander

To Win Her Favor (Belle Meade Plantation, #2)To Win Her Favor by Tamera Alexander
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I literally sat and read this book in one sitting!!

Maggie is an avid horse trainer. She and her dad are seeing things in a bleak light and she fears she may lose her land and everything with it. What would she do without her prized horses? That all changes when the Irishman Cullen appears in the cemetery where her dad is praying. When Mr. Linden offers Cullen the deal of a lifetime, there is a stipulation attached. Can Cullen handle that?

I appreciate the brief history lesson that author, Tamera Alexander offers at both the beginning and end of this book. It really put a few things in perspective for me!!

I asked my husband tonight at dinner if he had been in Cullen's situation, what would he have done? Of course, today is a much different place and time than back in Maggie's day. He would not have handled the situation the same way that Cullen did. The romantic in me was a little taken aback by his answer....but then, would I have accepted his actions?

I loved this story on many different levels. The way that Maggie grew to accept those different than her was very heartwarming. I hope we hear more about Kissa in future writings from Ms. Alexander!!

I laughed, I cried, and I fell in love with the characters in this book. During the time I was reading, I have no idea what happened around me because I was fully vested into this story. Thank you for an enjoyable read, Tamera!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment