Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BBAW: Interview Swap #2!!

I have grown to really love and appreciate what Renee has to say! She and I may fight over men but she is a great person and someone I love to chat with! Here's a few questions that she answered for me in true BBAW Interview style!


1. Who or what inspired you to blog? Why?
I absolutely LOVE to read but coming from a family of non-readers I didn’t really have the opportunity to “talk books” with anyone so blogging seemed like the perfect opportunity to share something I love with like-minded people.
2. How long have you been blogging?
Over 2 years now!
3. What do you find most enjoyable about blogging?
I’m not gonna lie and say I don’t love the fact that I get free books but I also LOVE that I’ve had the chance to “meet” so many people! I’ve gotten to know some amaaaaazing authors and fellow bloggers who are so encouraging and helpful.
4. What is your favorite genre of book to blog about?
I love Christian fiction and YA fiction but I definitely blog more about Christian fiction but I’d love to change that. :-)
5. You are going on a long trip and are only allowed to take one book. What would it be and why?
Oh my gosh. No way can I answer this, it’s not fair for a book lover like me.
6. You have the privilege of dining with any book character you wish. Who would it be and why?
Oh okay this is easier I would really like to dine with Canyon Metcalfe. Why? Have you seen him...GORGEOUS. Seriously.   
TOTALLY Agree with you there Renee!!! 

7. What would you serve at the dinner with #6?
Anything, it wouldn't matter I wouldn’t be eating anyhow.
You think Canyon would be ok with that? Somehow, I don't think that would fly with him!
8. What is one of your biggest bookish pet peeves?
Ugh I absolutely hate it when characters are too modern. People who lived in the 1800s didn’t say things like “dude.”
9. Favorite author?
Tough question but I love Ronie Kendig, Julie Lessman, Laura Frantz, Deaanne Gist and the writers of classics, Jane Austen and the Bronte sisters.
10. E-reader or physical book in your hands?
Physical book in my hands although I do have a Kindle!
11. Favorite blog to read?
There are too many to list!
12. What one book from the past 12 months would you most like to see made into a movie?
I’m a sucker for romance with a lush setting so I would say Laura Frantz’s Courting Morrow Little.
13. How many books do you own?
Ummm....a lot.
14. What do you do when you are not reading and/or blogging?
Watching Steelers football or walking my dogs!
15. Several high school students read my blog. What is one piece of advice you could offer to them?
Do what you love!
16. What attracts you most to a book?
I’m one who judges a book by its cover so chances are if the cover is pretty I’ll pick it up and read the blurb and if it sounds good I’ll get it. If the cover isn’t aesthetically pleasing I won’t usually pick it up unless the author is familiar to me,.
17. What book are you currently reading?
Deeply Devoted by Maggie Brendan
18. What was the last book you read?
Deadly Pursuit by Irene Hannon
19. Is there a character you love to hate? Who and why?
20. Have you ever preferred a movie or tv series over a book? If so, which one(s) and why?
I don’t think this has ever happened, books are usually better. For example Twilight, amazing series but the movies aren’t that great.
21. How would you plan the perfect holiday?
22. What are five items on your wish list?
Steelers tickets
Mustang
an iPod
a tablet or new laptop
more books!
23. Is there a book that you would rewrite the ending to? What book and why?
Probably Gone With the Wind because I always wanted to know what happened next with Scarlett.
24. How many books do you read in a typical year?
I’m not really sure but I set a goal of 200 books this year and I’m over halfway towards meeting it
25. Where can we stalk you?
        Twitter: steelergirl83
        Facebook:
        Linked In:
        Goodreads: goodreads.com/steelergirl83
        Blog: http://steelergirl83.blogspot.com

Thanks for hanging out with me for a while today Renee! Ya'll be sure to check out her uber cozy blog and see what's up in her world. She recently had a birthday and had some pretty cool author interviews that might interest you! :) 

4 comments:

  1. Yay! You found the pic. ;-)

    Thank you for having me Julie, it was so fun. :-)

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun interview ladies! Renee, I so totally agree about the ending of Gone With the Wind. I would change it so Rhett and Scarlett get their HEA. I never liked the fact they went their seperate ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Renee :) fabulous interview, girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to agree. I loved Canyon. Strong, silent type. :-D And that smirk. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete