Friday, February 18, 2011

The Knowledge Deficit: Closing the Shocking Education Gap for American Children by E.D. Hirsch Jr.

The Knowledge Deficit: Closing the Shocking Education Gap for American ChildrenThe Knowledge Deficit: Closing the Shocking Education Gap for American Children by E.D. Hirsch Jr.

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


First of all, it's important for you to know that I had to read this for a class. That being said...



The first chapter was great! It really grabbed my attention and I thought "Wow, for an educational book, this one is going to be pretty amazing!". That was short lived unfortunately. The beginning of each subsequent chapter grabbed me but after the first paragraph, the information became repetitive. Towards the end, the last few chapters were repetitive on the previous ones.



There were others in my class who thought this book was fantastic. I just didn't feel it like they did. I *wanted* to like this book but I don't do repetition well (except for in writing this review about how repetitious this book is!)



I'm disappointed that I still have a knowledge gap when it comes to closing education gaps in American Children. I believe my professor might as well.



View all my reviews
The Knowledge Deficit: Closing the Shocking Education Gap for American Children

No comments:

Post a Comment