Saturday, December 25, 2010

Surrender the Heart by MaryLu Tyndall

Surrender the Heart (Surrender to Destiny, #1)Surrender the Heart by M.L. Tyndall

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm a first time reader of M.L. Tyndall. This won't be my last book by her! I could not put this book down!! Poor Marianne grabbed my heart right from the start. Who wouldn't feel sorry for a young girl who's whole life (and the lives of her mother and sister) depend on her marrying a wealthy sea merchant? Especially one who she doesn't love and he doesn't love her in return. Noah is one of those men who is going to have it his way and nothing will stop that. He leaves the engagement party to board his ship. What a man, eh?



M.L. Tyndall has written a book that doesn't give a "perfect world view" of the main characters. Marianne is described as rather plain and Noah doesn't sound all that attractive to me. Marianne is also a bit conniving and spunky too! However, I became more enamored with Lieutenant Reed and Luke. Even more than him, Mr. Weller absolutely stole my heart! The characters were so well developed that you feel like you know then as you read this tale of swashbuckling adventure!



I am definitely a fan now of M.L. Tyndall and I look forward to the next book in this series.



Many thanks to Barbour books for providing a copy of this book for review.



View all my reviews
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment